Wiedemann Fellowships for Enlightenment Studies
Every year, the Interdisciplinary Centre for European Enlightenment Studies offers two Wiedemann research fellowships for the study of the Enlightenment. Thanks to its vast historical library and its research groups covering a broad spectrum of themes related to the European Enlightenment, IZEA is the leading centre for the study of the Enlightenment in Germany, and welcomes numerous international scholars. In order to facilitate research stays in Halle for scholars from Germany and abroad, we offer fellowships for PhDs as well as for more experienced scholars. Those are generously funded by the Foundation Dr. phil. Fritz Wiedemann.
Shorter stays with an adapted stipend rate are possible. Limited funding is available for travel costs.
Fellows will present the outcome of their research in a public lecture at the end of their stay.
- 1 fellowship for scholars from Germany and abroad for a two-month research stay in Halle
Stipend: €3,600 (in total)
- 1 fellowship for PhD students from Germany and abroad for a three-month research stay in Halle
Stipend: €3,300 (in total)
Please send your written application by email (in PDF format) to the Managing director of the Centre:
Interdisziplinäres Zentrum für die Erforschung der Europäischen Aufklärung
Prof. Dr. Daniel Fulda
Franckeplatz 1, Haus 54
Please attach the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Publication list and a published writing sample (for PhD students: if available)
- Title and statement of proposed research (max. 5 pages)
- For PhD students: one letter of reference